Los Angeles AC Maintenance
During the cooler months in Los Angeles, it’s easy to forget about our air conditioning systems. Yet when summer’s sweltering heat arrives, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your AC is going to work. That’s why year-round AC maintenance is so crucial.
The ideal AC maintenance schedule includes having your unit serviced by a professional once a year. A comprehensive annual inspection will uncover emerging issues so you can fix them before they become a major crisis.
If it’s more than a year since your last tune-up, call HVAC Alliance Expert at (855) 999-4417. Our qualified technicians are the best in the business and have been maintaining air conditioners all across the greater Los Angeles area for more than 20 years.
What Kind of Maintenance Do Air Conditioners Require?
L.A. homeowners should maintain their AC units on their own year-round. Take the following steps to ensure air can freely flow through your system:
- Replace air filters regularly — Your air filter is located at the vent where air flows into the ductwork leading to the condenser. It should be replaced every three months or sooner if it becomes clogged with dust.
- Clear blockages from the intake vents on the condenser unit — This step is especially critical if the AC condenser is outside, where leaves and other debris can become lodged against the vents.
During your annual AC inspection, our service experts will go the extra mile by completing an in-depth analysis of your AC system by:
- Using a leak detector to confirm there is no refrigerant leak.
- Checking your refrigerant levels.
- Measuring the system’s airflow.
- Examining your ductwork to ensure there are no holes or gaps where air can escape.
- Cleaning electric terminals to ensure a proper connection.
- Oiling your AC motor to increase efficiency and avoid breakdowns.
- Looking for worn-out or loose belts.
- Testing your thermostat for accuracy.
- Making sure the AC drains are functioning correctly and are not blocked.
What if There Is a Problem with My Air Conditioning?
Often minor problems like clogs, low refrigerant, or lack of lubrication are easily fixed during your routine maintenance visit. By ensuring these issues are resolved now, you could be saving yourself from more extensive air conditioning repairs down the road.
Nevertheless, your AC technician could discover an issue that may warrant further attention, especially if you haven’t had your system checked or replaced in a while. If this is your situation, we’ll provide you an estimate on the spot for extra costs associated with these repairs.
Addressing these problems during your inspection visit can save you from having to schedule a second appointment. If we need to order a part or need significant repairs or upgrades, we may require extra time and another follow-up visit.
What Happens if My AC Unit Is Not Serviced?
Regular maintenance is crucial to your AC’s performance and longevity. But what if you are just too busy or forget to schedule your yearly inspections with HVAC Alliance Experts?
Decreased Cooling Effectiveness
Low airflow from blockages or leaky ductwork can make your AC unit work harder to deliver the same degree of comfort on a hot day. This often translates to higher electric bills, uncomfortably warm house temperatures, or both.
Even under Los Angeles summers’ harsh demands, well-maintained air conditioning units can last for 15 to 20 years or longer before they need to be replaced. However, if you neglect your AC, you may reduce its anticipated lifespan drastically.
Your AC may be years away from needing replacement, but it can still break down if neglected. Depleted refrigerant or worn-out components will lead your AC to stop working suddenly. If this happens on the hottest day of the year, you will wish you had called HVAC Alliance Experts sooner.
Don’t Wait for an AC Emergency — Call an Expert Today!
Get ready for the sweltering days of summer by scheduling your air conditioning service now. Our customer service agents are prepared to take your call at (855) 999-4417 no matter what time of the day or night you need us.
Let the professionally trained and certified technicians at HVAC Alliance Experts keep your AC in tip-top shape!