The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reported that 92% of fires in their 2017 report involved clothing dryers. U.S. fire departments responded to nearly 16,000 dryer-related home structure fires.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), the central cause of clothing dryer fires is a lack of cleaning. Though these facts are chilling, having your dryer vent cleaned regularly by a professional can reduce the possibility of a fire. It also improves the efficiency of your dryer.
Schedule your Los Angeles Dryer Vent Cleaning with an HVAC Alliance Expert today by calling (855) 999-4417. Experience first-class 24/7 customer service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Vent Cleaning Prevents Fires and Improves Dryer Efficiency
Most people believe that cleaning their dryer’s lint screen is the only regular dryer maintenance they need to perform.
Yet, your lint screen typically only traps about 75% of the lint from your dryer. The lint not trapped builds up in the dryer vent over time, diminishing airflow, and creating heat buildup. Dryer lint is extremely flammable and excessive heat can lead to a fire.
Reduced airflow results in higher utility costs because the dryer is forced to run longer. This also shortens your dryer life significantly and compounds the need for repairs. Proper drum, duct, and vent inspection and cleaning is crucial to maintaining optimum appliance efficiency and safety.
A well-maintained, clean and healthy, dryer vent and air duct system is key to a safely-operating and energy-efficient clothes dryer that will run for years.
Improve overall efficiency, reduce drying time and save money on your gas or electric bills by choosing the pros at HVAC Alliance Expert to clean your dryer vent.
Warning Signs That You May Have a Clogged Dryer Vent
To prevent catastrophe and ensure your dryer is running properly, look for these warning signs:
- Your clothing has excess lint after drying
- The lint screen has no visible lint
- After drying, clothes are unusually hot to the touch
- While drying, the top of your dryer is hot to the touch
- During the drying cycle, your dryer shuts off repeatedly
- Strange sounds or smells while your dryer is running
- Drying time takes longer than usual, up to 35-40 minutes
- The vent flapper is closed while the dryer is running
Keep in mind that clogged dryer vents are common causes of house fires and a professional cleaning from HVAC Alliance Expert will reduce that possibility.
How Often Should I Schedule My Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Experts recommend cleaning your dryer vent once per year. However, if you have a large household and your dryer is used on a constant basis, it should be cleaned more often.
How Does HVAC Alliance Expert Clean My Dryer Vents?
The technicians at HVAC Alliance Expert undertake a multipoint process which includes:
- Inspecting the external vent opening and clearing away blockage: If you have a ground-level vent, a blockage may include rodent nests. If it is located on the roof, bird nests may block your vent.
- Using air compressors, vacuums, and flexible brushes to clear away excessive lint buildup.
- Cleaning the dryer drum.
- Removing built–up lint from behind and under the dryer, ensuring the area around the unit is clear of errant lint.
Call HVAC Alliance Expert Customer Service Today
Set up your dryer vent cleaning appointment with HVAC Alliance Expert today to safeguard your household and improve your dryer’s efficiency.
We offer online booking, upfront prices, same-day service, and complete customer satisfaction. Call (855) 999-4417 to schedule a technician.